Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Stupid Hair

I'm in a hairstyle rut. Basically I've had the same stinkin' hair since.......Um....1998 or so? A few time, I have deviated and had some horrible fucking results. One time I had a nasty case of "bad bangs" another time I was given a 80's era, Bon Jovi, fucking MULLET. You can see why I am hesitant to be risky. That fucking mullet took years to properly grow out. My hair is naturally curly, but not sexy, cool curls. Its more like course waves, actually its really curly underneath and in the back but flat in the front. So, if I want it curly, I have to put product in it and scrunch it. If I want it straight I have to blow it out and flat iron it. And even then, its never that straight. Either way, its a lot of Goddamned work. Fuck that.

Stupid hair.

I wear it up almost everyday. Awesome.

I should just hack it all off, but I've had short hair. I look like a gay PE teacher/softball coach. And there's nothing wrong with lesbians, rock on sistas, I'm just not one. Plus, call me old fashioned, but James likes longer hair and I like to please my man. (Only some times, though.)

You know Ree, the Pioneer Woman? I'd love to have her hair. Its long and wavy and as shiny as a copper penny. Of course, that's in pictures. Maybe on a regular day, its dry and tied up in a knot. Sure, it is. But hair that looks that purty in pictures has got to be good hair in real life, right? She has just enough bangs to look modern but not too young (I hate that) or too edgy. I hate that, too. Like when I see someone my mom's age with this razored, super young looking hair. But I also hate it when they give in to that God awful helmet hair that belongs on an 70 year old from 1985. Yuck.

Back to my hair. I guess I should grow it out. *sigh* Stupid hair.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Poo on hair. I need a haircut stat but I am afraid to do it. I hated my last cut and I want my hair to grow out just a little more. So now I clip it back with two barrettes because it is still too short to pony tail or use one for all of it.

My hair is the same wavy/ curly weirdness you described. It never quite gets straight when I straighten it and heaven forbid it gets any sort of moisture when straightened, and if I do it curly it only curls nice on one side. The other looks like crap. Unless it all looks like crap. Which is more often. So I clip it up. With two clips.

It's poker night, can you tell? What is a girl to do but talk to herself in your blog :-P

Valkyrie said...

Dude, I like your mullet. There's a reason you've had the same style for 20 years. It's because it's like totally awesome.

Jodi said...

Magdalena Magpie! I just now saw that you left a comment and Valkyire, too! What the fuck is that about! I think I might be too dumb for blogs or something. Which is TOTALLY embarrassing because I'm pretty sure a monkey could figure it out.

I think I'm going to grow mine out or not. FUUUUUCK. Its embarrassing bad. I do the same barrette thing and I look like the biggest nerd. You know its bad when your 3.5 has better hair than you.

And the moo-lay will never be again. It showed the God-awful weird under part of my hair. And that looked like really long pubes. I am not exaggerating either.