Sunday, October 18, 2009

Some Random Shizot

I wonder what really makes a person the "black sheep" of the family? Like is it by choice or just something that happens? Is it all made up in the black sheep's mind or do the other family members feel the same way? I have often felt like the black sheep of my family. Now, is definitely one of those times. It fucking sucks and makes me want to pout like an angry adolescent.

I'm craving a Milky Way.

I stumbled onto the blog of someone who has a child with RAD. That would be beyond shitty. Whoa. It would be really helpful if I could remember exactly what RAD stands for but I can't right now. I want to say Restricted Attachment Development. Shit. I'll look it up. REACTIVE Attachment DISORDER. Effin-A, I had one word right. Here's the info from that blog:
"Reactive attachment disorder is broken into two types — inhibited and disinhibited. While some children have signs and symptoms of just one type, many children have both.

Inhibited type:
In inhibited reactive attachment disorder, children shun relationships and attachments to virtually everyone. This may happen when a baby never has the chance to develop an attachment to any caregiver.
Signs and symptoms of the inhibited type may include:
Resisting affection from parents or caregivers
Avoiding eye contact
Appearing to seek contact but then turning away
Difficulty being comforted
Preferring to play alone
Avoiding physical contact
Failing to initiate contact with others
Appearing to be on guard or wary
Engaging in self-soothing behavior

Disinhibited type:
In disinhibited reactive attachment disorder, children form inappropriate and shallow attachments to virtually everyone, including strangers. This may happen when a baby has multiple caregivers or frequent changes in caregivers.
Signs and symptoms of the disinhibited type may include:
Readily going to strangers, rather than showing stranger anxiety
Seeking comfort from strangers
Exaggerating needs for help doing tasks
Inappropriately childish behavior
Appearing anxious
A word of caution: Not all experts agree on the signs and symptoms of reactive attachment disorder. Some attachment therapists use checklists with numerous nonspecific signs and symptoms that go well beyond what the American Psychiatric Association includes in its definition of the disorder. Be cautious when trying to interpret checklists that include such symptoms as lack of eye contact, rage, aggression, lying, stealing, hoarding food, an apparent lack of a conscience, nonstop chatter, and a desire to wield control. These nonspecific symptoms are difficult to apply to any one diagnosis."

And if that were me, I would have read maybe two sentences and skipped over the rest. Oh well, my blog, my rules, right?

I watched Urban Cowboy this weekend, its so cheesy but I still love it. It cracks me up but I still appreciate the story. Should I be ashamed to admit that? I don't care. It might be just that I really love Debra Winger. What happened to her? Huh.

I want to take a photography class. It might thoroughly annoy me, though. I just want to get better and I want to know how to take better pictures. To take picture like the pictures I love to look at. I fuckin' go nuts if I was enrolled in some community college class that was all about composition and the "art" of photography. Just tell me how to work my camera and shut the fuck up.

4 comments:

Ashley Senior said...

I totally LOLed at the last paragraph. I really want to know how to take pictures too. But i have a crappy camera, so i dont see the point really.

you already take beautiful pictures Chode, and yours are the ones i love to look at.

Valkyrie said...

Your pictures are just fucking amazing! I love being able to drop the f bomb in someone's blog and know it's perfectly okay.

Ummmmmm...what else? Oh yeah! The black sheep thing. I am the black sheep and everyone knows it. They feel that way, I feel that way, and it's okay. This is my dad's family, so my dad and younger siblings, and other than my brother who is just totally awesome, I wouldn't really want to fit in with them. So I'm fine with being bah bah black sheep. But I don't have any fuckin' wool, so don't ask.

Jodi said...

You girls know the eff bomb is not only welcomed, it is encouraged! Fuck away!

Kari said...

Yeah seriously, Jode...you do take awesome pictures. I wish I had your skillz...could you imagine me saying "skillz?" :D