Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Out of Sorts

That's how I'm feeling. Actually, I think that's how I've felt the last year and a half.

We've dealt with death, serious health issues, serious financial struggles, and some other stupid shit thrown in there.

I'm trying to stay fucking positive and not dwell on the negative and all that shit, but it wears on me sometimes. (Wait, is it wares or wears? Why can't I remember? Embarrassing...)

Oh, AND I'm PMSing hardcore. That usually just send me over the edge.

I just snapped at a dear frined and actually I felt like I was holding back, I wanted to be even more bitchy. I wanted to tell her to shut her trap and let her walk in my shoes for a while and then she'll really have something to bitch about. Like there was some kind of misery pissing contest. That's not really how I roll. Most of the time, I appreciate the fact that we're in the same (or similar) boat.

I think it was mainly because I felt like she hasn't acknowledging how much we have been struggling, and she's a dear friend so she's definitely on the up and up. I know that it could be soooooo much worse, I know that. And it comforts me a little. But sometimes, I want to shake this persona dn tell to quit the fucking bitching about a hangnail when there are some of us with amputated limbs, for fuck's sake. I don't really know if she is oblivious or sort of a dumbshit or what. It definitely makes me want to ignore the shit out of her problems, though. I'm super mature like that. I never do, though. I always offer comfort and support because I don't want to be that friend.

Whatever, I'm sure tomorrow I'll be laughing my ass off with her over a cup of coffee. I tend to get a little heated when I'm venting.

One other thing that has me out of sorts is the fucking ASSHOLE who thought it would be fucking funny to toss a fresh glob of dogshit on the twisty slide at the park. And then MY girl goes down the slide and smears fresh shit all over her jeans. Her ONLY pair of jeans that fit right now. They've been sitting in the garage since the incident and I'm not sure I want to deal with them. Who does that? James was with us at the park when it happened and his reaction was so fucking hilarious it actually made it slightly better for me. He was so pissed and highly grossed out.

Shit seems to be a theme in my life lately. Hell's bells and cockle shells.

7 comments:

Little Miss Me said...

Jode?! I had no idea you had a blog! I feel so out of it. I could tell it was you by the cursing and the humor. ;)

I love you, Jode!

Ashley Senior said...

I would have the SAME reaction James had about the dog shit. How repulsive!

And stop talking shit about me. And i'll take that cup of coffee tomorrow so we can hash it out

Jodi said...

Andrea I just started the blog like last week and I never want to like advertise it or something! ;)

Tash, LOLOLOLOLOL, it ain't you sweetheart. I wish we really could share a pot of coffee, with REAL irish cream and kahula. xoxoxo

kiki said...

Ya, I want Baileys in my coffee!!

The dog poop thing is seriously GROSS - ewwwwwwwwww!

I know how you feel Jode. When I'm in that place where everything feels dark it is easy for me to feel hurt or offended by what other people say.

Little Miss Me said...

...aaannnnd now that I read it...:)

I was so taken aback by your cute cursing that I never read it in full.

Oh, pumpkin, some people love misery. And they also love bringing misery to other people. And, they enjoy their misery. I'll never understand. Those days, when I'm being a fucking pill, I can't stand myself!

But anyway, I am totally a fair weather friend. I can't deal with the constant moaning and whining and bitching of anybody because a) usually someone has it worse and b) those people that do the constant moaning usually don't have it that bad. They just love the melodrama.

I'm dramatic. But I'm anti-melodrama. Leave your novelas for cheesy latin TV. :)

(not YOUR your novelas...the moany mongers' novelas).

Jode, always remember-- this, too, shall pass. Whatever it is, you will rise above. Just remember to breathe through it, break down when you need to, and just dust yourself off when you're ready. Whatever it is, it, too shall pass.

And in the meantime, you have a whole crapload of people here to hug you and hold your hand through it, even if from a distance.

xoxo.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Valkyrie said...

I wish you had footage of James' reaction to that shit. I am LMAO just *guessing* what he said and what he must have looked like. Hahahaahahahaa

I want to tell my friends to STFU on a pretty continual basis. I have zero tolerance anymore. Maybe it's some astrological mumbo jumbo. Or maybe I'm going through "The Change." I don't know. I just don't want to hear it anymore.

Oh, but I never want to tell you to STFU. I could listen to you talk all day long. XXXOOO