Thursday, November 12, 2009

Small Confessions

1. I love country music and Taylor Swift. I could go on and on about why I think she is such a stand-up young lady, and a talented songwriter but I don't want to waste the time, yo.

2. I eat and ADORE white rice, plain old, super bad for you, white rice. I could eat it with beans and cheese and salsa or with butter and salt and pepper or just soy sauce. Love it.

3. I really have no clue what is going on in the middle east or the Sudan but I could give you a detailed synopsis of almost every reality show on TV. Or at the very least, I could talk about it.

4. I don't cloth diaper because I am too lazy. Well, now I am probably too poor as well, but really it's due to sheer laziness.

5. My baby is still in her jammies and at 4 o'clock in the afternoon, I'm not getting her dressed. No lie.

6. I really believe I have the best babies on earth.

7. Of all the things I've "cut down on" since our own personal Great Depression began, its the little things I miss most. Like getting my eyebrows waxed or good make-up. *sigh*

8. It makes me really sad to discover that people do not change.

9. I still LOVE Christmas. I get excited like I did as a young child. I cannot wait to see Josie's face. (And its going to be a mostly homemade Christmas).

10. I hate that if I express my love for the Holidays people think its all about consumerism. Nope, I just love the uninterrupted time with my family and the good food and laughter that goes with it. You can suck it.

11. I wish I was better at Internet stalking.

4 comments:

Little Miss Me said...

hahahahha at internet stalking. It creeps me out to think someone may be stalking me.

I love that you love Christmas.

We eat white rice over here all the time, too. There are few things better than some good old cuban white rice...mmmmmmmm!

I loved your picture of snow. I would hate to drive in it, but it was such a contrast to the day we had here.

We got a "cold" front. It was 77 degrees. :-/

AmyBean said...

You should totally stalk me. I need a friendly-type stalker. Better you than some old creeper. ;)

I love Christmas too. People who don't love Christmas are douchebags. Well, unless it's like against their religion or something. But people who are all Scroogey just because they want to be really irritate the hell out of me.

Jodi said...

GIRLS! You read mah blog?!?!? Awwww, so flattered. (I typed fattered at first. Interestingly enough, I am that, too.)

Amy, I shall start the internet stalking commence.

Andrea, I think I need Cuban food, you had me at white rice. Is it kind of clumpy and sticky? I love it that way. YUM!

kiki said...

I live for white rice.

Taylor Swift is sweet as pie - I love her too.

I cloth diapered and I was lazy - it was called a diaper service - ya, that was before we started heavily "cutting down" our budget too - read, before we bought the house - I miss gettting my eyebrows waxed, buying facial products, and buying new books just because I feel like it.

I don't know why they even make clothes for babies to begin with. They prefer jammies.

People do change - just not your our terms or our time-line, and often, not to our liking either.

I'm learning to love Christmas and other holidays since bringing a innocent little person into this world - but it still takes effort.