Thursday, February 11, 2010

Checking in.....

I keep waiting to have something real to say so my blog has a purpose or something but who gives a fuck, right?

I'm tired. Like I have a newborn baby tired. The girls have been sick (I'm going on 3 nights of no more than 4 hrs sleep) and I never seem to get good sleep when they are hacking and snorting and gagging and even puking. I have to draaaaaaaaaaaaag myself up outta bed and I've perfected the art of making coffee with my eyes basically shut. I should be doing laundry while Katherine is occupied but I'll blog because I like never blog. (I only read about a dozen a day.)

I've been thinking about starting a 365 project - I'm not sure if Amy still reads this boring mofo but if you do - what do you think? Originally, I thought 365's could be started anytime but the more I see of them, the more I see you really are supposed to start them at the beginning of the year. Poop. I know I can start a blog about whatever the fuck I want to, but I am a rule follower. What a tragic dilemma. Heh. I love seeing Amy's 365, it just makes me smile and I see a lot of growth in her photography. (Such a grown-up sounding sentence in mah head.)

I'm excited for Greys and PP tonight. That's what my life has become, getting excited for frigging TV shows.

My big girl turned FOUR yesterday. She is pretty sick, she has a baaaaaaad cough, fever, runny nose, etc. Poor baby doesn't even really have a voice. So, last night I gave her a nice toasty bath right after dinner and blew her hair dry. Then, I rubbed some homemade Vick's crap on her chest and back and feet, tucked her into the recliner under her furry princess blanket where she fell asleep. A full hour and a half before her regular bedtime. Score! James put her to bed about 45 minutes later and then went to check on her two hours after that.

I was just getting Katherine to sleep, she was nursing and in that nursing coma/zone. James came out of Josie's room holding her under the armpits and half running to the bathroom. He goes, "Jodi, she threw up."

Great.

James stripped her down and put her back in the bath because she had, of course, barfed all over her freshly washed and dried hair. I put Katherine down to assess the damage in her bed. Puke. I gingerly picked through the bedding trying to decipher what had vomit shrapnel on it and what was clean. Thankfully, it wasn't too bad. By this point Katherine if fucking LIVID.

Josie was sobbing and barking and holding her chest.

I grabbed my phone and called my mama. It's what I always do when something is even slightly wrong or off or good or funny or....you get the picture. As near as we can tell, she just coughed so hard she threw up. That or the fever upset her tummy.

Fuck, I didn't mean to make this such a long story. Anyway, she had a horrible fucking night, alllllllll on the very day of her fourth birthday. It was so pathetic, I wanted to cry.

OK. *sigh* I guess I've wasted enough time. I'll go re-wash the puke laundry. Yum.

4 comments:

AmyBean said...

I'm sorry to hear the girls are sick, Jode. That super sucks. Hang in there. They'll get better eventually. That's what I always have to tell myself when the kids are sick. It can't last forever.

You don't have to start a 365 on Jan. 1. Pick a day and start it! I started one in like October last year. I didn't follow through, which is why I started over on Jan 1, but I started it. Pick tomorrow. Or pick next week, after the girls are better. Or pick your birthday or anniversary or whatever. You can do a 52 project, where you do one photo or a group of photos each week, if that's easier for you. You can do themes for different days. Whatever. Just do it. And thank you for the really nice compliment about my photography. I'm trying. :)

Now I have to go kill my children. They're trying to give up naps, and Zach's up there yelling. They can't do this to me!

Jodi said...

Thanks, Ames! I think I will start the ol' project and um, I like your idea of next week.

Try not to kill your children, apparently the law frowns upon it. Sticks in the mud. ;)

Valkyrie said...

This blog made me miserable. I totally remember those all nighters. Bleh! LOL at "vomit shrapnel." You are so creative.

You should definitely start a 365.

kiki said...

Nothing worse than sick kiddos!!! I hope the girls are feeling better!